Leather footwear venture

6 February 2002

BelRoss, a new Russian/ Belarusian leather footwear joint venture, started operations recently in Nizhny Novgorod in central Russia, according to BISNIS, part of the US Department of Commerce, Washington DC. Marko, the Belarusian footwear producers, have a 20% stake in the venture, with ZAO Kapital-NN of Nizhny Novgorod owning the remaining 80%. The new venture is equipped with production technology made by Germany's Ewimex, and cost US$1.7 million to establish. Initially, it will produce the equivalent of 250,000-300,000 pairs of footwear a year, but this will rise to 350,000-400,000 pairs a year from the end of year. Leather raw materials will be imported from Italy, and from Russia's Yaroslavl and Ryazan regions. Sales markets include the Nizhny Novgorod, Ivanovo and Kirov regions, and the republics of Chuvashia and Mordovia.

Privacy Policy
We have updated our privacy policy. In the latest update it explains what cookies are and how we use them on our site. To learn more about cookies and their benefits, please view our privacy policy. Please be aware that parts of this site will not function correctly if you disable cookies. By continuing to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy unless you have disabled them.