Bridge of Weir leather at the Frankfurt Motor Show29 September 2011
Bridge of Weir Leather Company (BoW), part of Scottish Leather Group, and manufacturers of low carbon leather supplied leather to some of the most notable concept cars at the 64th Frankfurt Motor Show, the largest motor show in the world (September 15-25).
- The concept for the potential replacement of the Land Rover Defender, the DC100 Sport, described by some as daring and adventurous, was a hit at the show, in its bright yellow colour with short windscreen, and leather interior matched the exterior in Lunar Grey and Yellow
- The new Volvo ‘Concept You’, ‘a sleek coupé-like’ saloon, featured soft nappa in off-black leather on the front seats and soft-beige in the rear seats.
- The Mercedes-Benz Viano (Daimler AG), described as ‘yacht on wheels’ because of its modern sporting yacht inspiration, has used a Bridge of Weir leather in grey and blue, polished aniline – Lunar and Milestone
- The new drop-top Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster was launched at the show also, using a Bridge of Weir heavy mill waxy leather, with a very natural feel, in Landscape Brown.
- Bridge of Weir Leather is also a supplier to Aston Martin and the leather was on display in the full range including the One-77 supercar, new DBS Carbon Edition, Rapide, Virage and the luxury city car, the Cygnet.
In order to keep inspiring the car interior designers, Bridge of Weir Leather produces a ‘trends’ file for the forthcoming year. After visits to world trade fairs, fashion shows and the trendiest design events, Bridge of Weir designer Susan Ross, develops a presentation looking at colour, texture and overall finish, offering a bespoke design service for any customers looking to push the boundaries.
Jamie Davidson, sales director for Bridge of Weir Leather Company commented on the show: ‘After working hard to develop our low carbon leather products for our customers, we are delighted with the cars showing our leather at the show.
From staple browns and blues to on-trend yellows and reds, our customers are grasping how working with us to develop their product is most effective and can achieve stunning results that complete each unique car design.’